Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time for Goodbye :(

Today was the last day of camp and a dinner banquet for all the kids and their families :) We played human bowling and messy eggs (crack eggs on your leaders head, either hard-boiled or raw), and even had pool Olympics - all before the rain broke out! Watching the kids participate in belly flop, diving, cannon ball, and whirlpool contests as well as animal races was such a highlight in my day. I got very close to many of the kids in my group as well as many other kids. The one little boy Peter always wanted me to come and clap his hands together with mine and do all the dances and hand-motions to the songs right with me. He was always smiling and laughing and liked to pretend he was sleeping on the bus just to tease you :P I will miss the kids soo much and was sad to see them leave :( I had to go before the banquet and the kids wanted us to stay soo bad; not letting go and then giving hugs and wanting to see us again. I love you guys <3 Special needs children are so very wonderful, and I'm excited to hopefully be working with them for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment