Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Germany...Immigrants..& Food

In History class we are learning about immigration to the United States in the late 19th century. We all had to choose a people group that immigrated to the U.S and do a small presentation on it, I chose Germany :) For part of the project we get find and make a recipe that that country would have eaten. Germany has a lot of things but whats better then soft pretzels (yes a German food) & berliners (or jelly filled, sugar coated donuts). In doing my project I found soo many interesting facts that I did not know. Most of the food we think of as American is actually German: hamburgers, hot dogs (and other sausages), and of course chocolate. The Christmas tree you put up every year is actually a German tradition, as well as gift-giving Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny :) So many interesting things I never knew. The Germans (of which i am part) are wonderful :)

1 comment: