Monday, February 18, 2013

Shining Star

I had my first experience going to a black baptist church yesterday with one of my best friends. It was sooo much fun :) Everyone was very welcoming to me, saying hi and asking my name and how i knew Joel (one of my best friends). We had Sunday school first then went upstairs to the sanctuary. Service started and everyone was praising God and and singing loud and saying amen and hallelujah! The choir sang a few songs and then the pastor started his message. It was from Isaiah 6, it gave me a wonderful insight that i had never seen before on this chapter. He talked about how ugly and disgusting we are, but how wonderful and powerful we think we are. He was also talking about God and how if even the angelic creatures cover their faces because they cannot look at him, how can we sinners and wearing filthy rags think we can just talk to God and disagree with him and be in charge of our life? I was very convicted and encouraged throughout the entire thing. I definitely felt at home and would love to go back :) If i can find the message i will post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment