Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Buddy :)

Working with special needs kids has to be one of my favorite things to do. Yesterday I got to spend the day with 86 special needs kids (ages 3-21), teaching them dancing and singing. I got to dress up with them and play musical chairs; we even had a dance off (Zac, a boy with autism won)! Watching them dance around and smile was sooo much fun :) They are soo joyful and have soo much love in their hearts. The one little girl was in my group last time I worked with these kids and she remembered me, smiled and gave me a hug. Just watching the kids smile and say goodbye and the parents cry out of thankfulness was a wonderful experience. Then again today i got to spend time with my little buddy at church Calvin. He is three years old and has autism, he cannot talk very well, and today he was very hyper and soo smiley. His mom told me that he didn't sleep last night but surprise at the end of the day he was fast asleep on my lap waiting for mommy and daddy to come pick him up. We had soo much fun today, walking around, playing games, singing songs, making crafts and hearing about Jesus' love for the little children :)

No comments:

Post a Comment